affiliate marketing

Sunday 9 June 2013

Why 8-Year-Olds Need Neck Cream


 
When I die, I want to be buried on5F at Bergdorf Goodman(preferably near Marc by Marc Jacobs). Until I meet my demise, I’m making it a point to shop there whenever I pop into Manhattan for a day trip. Believe it or not, BG has some great sales (the only racks I ever visit) – post season. A few months ago, I got a pair of the most creative shoes ever for $125. They were originally $350. Score.
So I’ve established that BG is one of my favorite shopping experiences. I don’t hate on them – normally. But today, I am feeling less than warm+ fuzzy about the legendary store. Here’s why. They do a daily blog post called, Today’s Style Tip. And the one for today said,

“You’re never too young for neck cream.”

I re-read that. You’re never too young for neck cream. Really? NEVER? That’s news to me. I’ve always assumed there are many years of a young woman’s life when she can just coast without freaking herself out over neck wrinkles. But maybe I’m wrong. Maybe every mom should be marching her 12, hell, 8-year-old daughter to Bergdorf’s for neck cream.
After all, you want the little one to know all she can about anti-aging tactics. I clicked on the link to the product that accompanied this style tip (how is neck cream “style?”) and found out why this tip is so valuable – to Bergdorf’s, that is.

This freaking cream costs $225!

I wanted to see an ingredients list. What makes this product so costly? As usual, there is no complete ingredient list, just some really fancy sounding marketing speak.
Formulated exclusively with the patented SYNTOC ACTIF delivery matrix, the MOISTURE RICH COMPLEXE, a synergistic combination of natural moisturizing factors and skin protectants, is delivered 24x deeper into the dermis to help increase essential hydration and render skin supple, smooth and more flexible.
Huh? What exactly is a SYNTOC ACTIF delivery matrix? Anybody? Take a guess. I have no idea, either. They do give a paltry list of select ingredients (the ones that sound natural and good for you). Aloe, shea butter, avocado, cucumber oil, jojoba, hazelnut, etc.
All of these are great moisturizers, but I can get them in products made by small, natural brands. I’d get a purer product AND walk out with $190 in change.
Am I wrong here? Let’s hear your take on this.

0 comments: