affiliate marketing

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm First Look: Not Worth My Money



So I went to the Maybelline counter at Shoppers Stop yesterday and tried out the testers for the Maybelline New York Baby Lips - will share the swatches here soon.

The swatches I tried out are:
Pink Lolita
Rose Addict
Coral Flush
Berry Crush.

In the tube, the pink stick looked pink, the rose stick looked red, the berry stick looked dark red and the coral stick looked orangey. Pretty colours, right?

Wrong!!! When I tried out the swatches, every single shade was completely sheer, with the barest of bare tint of colour, that went out in just a few minutes! The only thing left on the lips was a sheer glossy look, devoid of any colour, just naked lips with a shine...thats all!

The reason I was so looking forward to these was because I was under the impression that these would finally be lip balms that come with a tint or colour, but sadly, that's not so. So if I have to pay INR 150 for these, I would rather stick to my Avon Naturals Lip Balm, that come in better flavours and fragrance and are much much more effective at INR 99! 

I don't like simple shiney lips, I don't like a shiney shiney feel and look and would much rather have some colour on my lips. So for me, these lip balms are not worth spending my money on.

0 comments: